The Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) Internal Medicine Housestaff Handbook began with an Internal Medicine Resident Quality Improvement Project which was led by Michael J. Neuss, MD, PhD, under the guidance of Jennifer K. Green, MD, MPH in 2019.
We would like to thank the following individuals for their contributions to the 4th edition of the Housestaff Handbook:
- The many VUMC residents (past and present) who have meticulously authored each section of this handbook.
- The VUMC faculty who carefully reviewed each topic for its accuracy.
- Leah Brown, MD and Joseph Quintana, MD, the 3rd edition's co-editors-in-chief, whose guidance was instrumental in the transition between editions.
- Chase Webber, DO, who was a sounding board for our new ideas throughout the year as the Handbook’s faculty advisor.
- C. Beau Hilton, MD for his work in updating and improving the online version of this handbook.
- John McPherson, MD, Kim Rathmell, MD PhD, Kristy Braden and Maria Kasel, for their unwavering support.